Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Do libdfilter and libftypes need to be built as shared libs?

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:27:58 +0100
Hi list,

As far as I know, you don't need shared libraries to be able to link
them into a shared library. As I don't see the need for a shared
libdfilter.la or libftypes.la, and because compiling shared objects
takes about twice as much time as when building static objects, I'd
suggest to return to the static libdfilter.a and libftypes.a.

Regards,

Olivier