Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: problems installing ethereal

From: Richard Sharpe <rsharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:30:41 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Mike Frisch wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 04:37:17PM -0800, priya Srinivasan wrote:
> >    I have installed ethereal using rpms.
[...]
> >    ethereal-0.9.6-1.i386.rpm
>
> You must install the ethereal-gnome package to get the ethereal binary.
> The ethereal package contains 'tethereal' (the console version of
> ethereal).

Groan. That should be renamed. _If_ I get some time, I will look at the
process of building packages again to see if I can put up a set of
packages on the web site that are named better and have a better set of
dependencies.

FWIW, there are more recent packages on www.ethereal.com (or, at least,
there were).

Regards