Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] problems installing ethereal

From: priya Srinivasan <mplsvpn_pro@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:37:17 -0800 (PST)
hi,

I have installed ethereal using rpms.

before installing ethereal i have installed the following rpms

glib-1.2.8-1.i386.rpm
glib-devel-1.2.8-1.i386.rpm
gtk+-1.2.8-1.i386.rpm
gtk+-devel-1.2.8-1.i386.rpm
glib-1.2.8-1.src.rpm
gtk+-1.2.8-1.src.rpm
libpcap-0.6.2-16.i386.rpm

after installing these i installed the following

ethereal-0.9.6-1.src.rpm
ethereal-0.9.6-1.i386.rpm

there were no errors while installing any of these.

the problem is ethereal executable is not being created and hence i am not able to run ethereal.

please help

Sirisha

Do you Yahoo!?