Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Submission of a dissector for the IBM WebSphere MQ protocol

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:26:59 -0800
On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 09:59:54PM +0100, metatech wrote:
> After some weeks of programming, here is a first version of my dissector
> for the IBM WebSphere MQ protocol.

Checked in.

> I developed it and tested on Windows.  (I hope it compiles neatly on other
> platforms too).

It compiled with only one warning on my FreeBSD 3.4 machine:

	../packet-mq.c:731: warning: unused variable `iVersionUID'

There's a comment in the code that

	The iVersionID is available in the previous ID segment, we
	should keep a state

so I'll leave that variable, and the warning, there for now as a
reminder.

Note that as this is running over TCP, there's not necessarily a
guarantee that

	1) an MQ message will fit entirely in one TCP segment

or

	2) there will be only one MQ message per TCP segment

If it's not to difficult to determine the length of an MQ message by
looking at the first few bytes of the message, it wouldn't be too hard
to make it use "tcp_dissect_pdus()" to handle those issues.