Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Which autotools versions are used?

From: "Peter Lei (peterlei)" <peterlei@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:48:50 -0600
Biot Olivier wrote:
Hi all,

As I'd like to do some cleanup of the autotools scripts, I'd like to know which autotools versions are used on the various Ethereal build
environments out there. There are known issues with early releases of
autoconf, and the autoconf syntax has changed a little (e.g.,
AC_OUTPUT).

Just run the following from the command line of your shell: $ for i in autoconf automake libtool ; do $i --version ; done

This is what I've been using on my FreeBSD 4.9 compiles:
 autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57
 automake (GNU automake) 1.7.1
 ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.3.4 (1.385.2.196 1999/12/07 21:47:57)

My MacOS X 10.3.2 environment is the same as what Michael posted
earlier.

My Windows builds use MSVC, so I don't normally autogen anything
there.

regards,
--peter