Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Preliminary heimdal autoconf support

From: "Pia Sahlberg" <piabar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 06:57:00 +0000
Joerg wrote:
Ronnie,

the attached patch is somewhat hacked together.
It will define HAVE_KERBEROS and HAVE_HEIMDAL_KERBEROS in the way
your kerberos patches use them.
The default behaviour is to not check (and thus use) kerberos. It
has to be requested explicitly with the --with-krb5 configure option.
Please test and report back (feel free to check it in if it works)

I have tested it on my RedHat8 machine. I could not get it to work.

Some minor issues:
The configuration only adds HAVE_KERBEROS and HAVE_HEIMDAL_KERBEROS to epan/config.h and not config.h should it not go into config.h as well? I changed packet-kerberos.c to include "epan/config.h" instead of "config.h" and packet-kerberos.c compiled.

On my test machine I had MIT Kerberos installed but not Heimdal.
The configure script mistook this for being Heimdal and thus tried to build
it using the Heimdal API. Which failed.
krb5-config --all :
 Version:     Kerberos 5 release 1.2.5
 Vendor:      Massachusetts Institute of Technology
 Prefix:      /usr/kerberos
 Exec_prefix: /usr/kerberos
Since MIT Kerberos is reasonably popular the configure script should check that it is in fact heimdal we have and not mit.

After configure has completed it should print a line:
        Use Heimdal Kerberos libraries  : yes

After that it fails during linking of libethereal.so.0.0.1

Get Extra Storage in 10MB, 25MB, 50MB and 100MB options now! Go to http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-au&page=hotmail/es2