Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] epan directory structure

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 18:38:44 +0100
Joerg Mayer wrote:

As it seems to be a problem for the nmake fraction that the dissector
sources have a path of ../ it looks like the next step should be to
move the dissectors into the epan directory.

How about the following:

epan/
       As before
epan/dfilter/
       As before
epan/ftypes/
       As before
epan/support/
       Stuff covered by DISSECTOR_SUPPORT_SRC
I'm not 100% sure that the support dir is the right solution, but I don't have a better one either :-(

epan/dissector/
       Stuff covered by DISSECTOR_SRC withouth the packet- prefix
epan/plugins/
       As before just moved from the toplevel dir

If people think that this is OK, I'll start working on it. I'm not
attached to the names I've put in above. Things to consider would
be subdirectories in the dissector directory for example dcerpc.
Other candidates?
As CVS makes it hard to move files without loosing the history, when I understand previous postings on the list correct, do we want to think about switching to a different (more recent) versioning system before moving all of the stuff around?

I've had a look at subversion http://subversion.tigris.org/ and it seems promissing...

Regards, ULFL