Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] SQL help

Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 02:39:01 +0000 (GMT)
Check out the Flag project.
It is located at
http://www.dsd.gov.au/library/software/flag/index.html
It uses patches to ethereal, although based on an older version that works
with mysql.
The problem using other db's is the way in which Flag patch puts the info
out.
It does multiline set calls that are not standard sql.
(e.g.)
insert into sometable set
field1 = 'lala'
field2 = 'othervar'

Although it does handle frame already, as well as the base
tcp, udp, dns, http, pop items.
Worth giving a look at.

The other way, the method I took,
was to write an awk parser to format it for sql format.
Using the -z "proto,colinfo,frame_num,frame_num" type format you can
print out most internal vars on the colinfo field.
This method also allows you to stick with generic ethereal binaries, and
not need your own customer versions.

My 2 cents.