Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] RE: [Ethereal-users] GTK Not Found

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:10:54 +0100
Hello Don,

The good news is that you probably don't need to reinstall GTK+ and/or Glib.

The gtk-config script has been replaced in GTK+ 2.x with a pkg-config
script. Those scripts will probably reside in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig if
you installed GTK+ in /usr/local. You can always do a find /usr /lib -name
'*.pc' to locate the pkg-config files. Then add the directories to the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable. Mine is:
$ echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
/target/lib/pkgconfig:/lib/pkgconfig

Once you have updated your PKG_CONFIG_PATH run the following command:
$ pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0
$ pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0

Both will return the version of the modules.

Of course, you need pkg-config in order to get it to work.

Regards,

Olivier