Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] kerberos update, new prototype please test and please someone

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 11:21:11 +0100
On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 08:02:04PM +1100, Ronnie Sahlberg wrote:
> New prototype for packet-kerberos.c
> This one starts getting pretty close to production quality.
> Apart from some inefficiencies still in the code it is pretty complete
> and should go in soon so it gets some testing.

Maybe you could check it in with HAVE_KERBEROS undefined
Also, I'm not sure that HAVE_KERBEROS_HEIMDAL should have any effect
as long as HAVE_KERBEROS is not defined

> Still missing parts (which i hope someone feels enough about to add) are

I have 3 days of training before me, which means a) travelling and
(maybe) b) evenings spent in the hotel. In case I get something done
I should be able to check it in by Saturday, but I won't make any promises.

> 1, make automake detect the precence of heimdal and add the proper flags to
> the makefiles   `krb5-config --cflags` and `krb5-config --libs`
> also when heimdal is detected, the defines HAVE_KERBEROS and
> HAVE_HEIMDAL_KERBEROS must be set in config.h so that
> packet-kerberos.c will be compiled with kerberos support.
> It currently defines these two defines itself in the code.

Let's see what I get done :)

 ciao
  Jï¿œrg