Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] "Remote capture"

From: "Michael Fischer" <mifi42@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 20:16:48 +0100
Hello,

I have a question about a remote capture.
This mean I have build a black box which is able to capture WIFI frames. This captured frames
is send over ethernet on the lan.

Now I will analyse this frames with Ethereal. I see the frames in Ethereal but Ethereal will not decode it as IEEE802.11.
What can I do? I use here Ethereal 0.10.2 on a windows machine.

The frame data starts with:

80 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 02 2D 2D 8B 04
00 02 2D 2D 8B 04 50 47 BE AE 3E BF DC B1 25
and more...

This is part of the IEEE802.11 header.

Regards,

Michael
... and the winner is... WEB.DE FreeMail! - Deutschlands beste E-Mail
ist zum 39. Mal Testsieger (PC Praxis 03/04) http://f.web.de/?mc=021191