Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Add expression dialog, proposal for some changes

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 16:38:51 +0100
Olivier Biot wrote:

From: Ulf Lamping

| 3) replace the relation list by a set of radio buttons, insensitive
the
| ones not suitable for the current field type

Beware: some operators only operate on slices, so from the moment one
ft_can_slice() returns true those operators have to be available from
the moment that a (valid) slice has been entered.
This should be already done if I understand the code correct,
BTW: What *is* meant be a slice here?

| 5) add a column of field type labels (Boolean, unsigned 2 bytes,
...),
| with only the field type corresponding to the field name sensitive
and
| all other insensitive

Beware: the field type and its length are not always fixed. For
example FT_BYTES and FT_STRING don't have a fixed length.
I only wanted to have labels for all posible types, and the label of the type corresponding to the currently selected field not grayed out so (Boolean, Signed Int 32 bits, Unsigned Int 8 bits, String, ...),
corresponding to the FT_x types.
Don't wanted to show the length at my first thoughts, although this might be a good thing to have also,
but let's think about that later.

| 6) add a field at the bottom of the dialog, showing the resulting
filter
| string

Definitely! Maybe even a multi-line field.

One remark: should we provide length/size operators to the dfilter
language?

Sorry, don't understand. What do you mean by that?

Regards, ULFL