Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Add expression dialog, proposal for some changes

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 07:49:06 +0100
Hi List!

I would like to change the "Add expression" dialog, as it needs some changes IMHO.

The following things come to my mind:

1) the showing/hiding of controls dependant of the current settings is usally a bad idea. Making them insensitive is enough and will make the dialog much more intuitive.
2) move the range widget into the value column
3) replace the relation list by a set of radio buttons, insensitive the ones not suitable for the current field type 4) add a column of operators ("(none)", "and", "or", "and not", ...) to the left of the dialog 5) add a column of field type labels (Boolean, unsigned 2 bytes, ...), with only the field type corresponding to the field name sensitive and all other insensitive 6) add a field at the bottom of the dialog, showing the resulting filter string

Comments?

Regards, ULFL