Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Build ethereal using gcc

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 23:31:28 +0100
Hello Daorong,

You can build Ethereal on Windows with gcc, but you have to do so
either using the CygWin environment or the MinGW environment. Have a
look at README.win32 for build tips on Windows. There's one
restriction though: CygWin doesn't succeed (yet) in building the
plugin dissectors (I don't know if this is true for MinGW).

Regards,

Olivier