Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Changed required automake to 1.6 and autoconf to 2.53

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 22:33:01 -0800
On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:30:05AM +0100, Joerg Mayer wrote:
> I've changed the configure.in and autogen.sh files to require said versions.
> It may be, that a newer version of autoconf is required. In case someone
> can test with 2.53 please let me know.

Or it may be that an older version is sufficient - I tried it with
autoconf 2.52, automake 1.6, and libtool 1.5, on FreeBSD 3.4, and it
worked.  (I tried earlier versions on Solaris 7, when testing out your
shared-library patch, and those appeared to be the minimum versions
required.)

I've checked in changes to require 2.52 rather than 2.53.