Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Lastest cvs wont compile on Gentoo either.

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 16:55:48 +0100
On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 10:38:56PM -0800, Guy Harris wrote:
> And, if 1.5 can't handle the new Makefile.am's, what's the answer if you
> replace "1.4" with "1.5" above?

Currently, I'd tend to require autoconf 2.57 and automake 1.6.
If anyone sends in a mail that lower versions are working, I'll change the
requirements to the lower versions. I intend to change the requierments
tonigt (configure.in and autogen.sh)

> If a significant number of reasonably recent versions of those OSes come
> with 1.4 - or other versions with which the current scheme doesn't work
> - do we want to possibly force a significant number of
> developers-from-CVS to replace the tools that come with their OS?

Yes, please :-) There are quite a few hacks in there for 1.4pX, one of
them is the ugly workaround for automake 1.4pX not being able to live
with gtk.m4 existing in two of its include dirs in autogen.sh

 Ciao
   Jï¿œrg