Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Problems compiling CVS

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff_morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 10:46:01 -0500

Guy Harris wrote:

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 01:08:13AM +0100, Joerg Mayer wrote:

BTW, I noticed that "packet-ncp2222.c" is not removed when I do a "make distclean" (neither is "register.c"). Is that correct?

IIRC, only maintainerclean removes the files that require Python to build.

...because we don't want to require that people who download a release
tarball have Python installed in order to build Ethereal.

Ah, okay. So I guess "maintainer-clean" is what I want when I want to go back to a (completely) clean CVS environment.

So: does "packet-ncp2222.c" belong in the MAINTAINERCLEANFILES in "Makefile.am" (where it lives) or "epan/Makefile.am" (where it is built from)? The attached patch does the latter.