Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] The ability to dump packet data/info into an SQLdatabase

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:38:49 +0200
Ching-Tung Lo wrote:

<I have heard that   Ethereal can be patched to dump packet data/info into an SQL database.
<Is that true?
<It seemed that Michael has made it.(as follows:)
<Can anybody  help me to cantact him to get his patch file?(I don't know his e-mail address)
<I want to test it.(Or anybody has a patch file to do that?)

I will send you his e-mail address in a separate mail.
I asked him for the patch several months ago and got it from him almost immediately.
The patch I got was for Ethereal version 0.9.10.
However I haven't had time to experiment with it yet.
I think that it could be useful to have such a feature integrated into Ethereal in some way.

Currently I use tethereal with the "-z proto,colinfo" option when I need to export some specific fields to spreadsheet or database
(but then you normally need some script or program to get the data into the right format).