Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Packet list columns are not resizeable with GTK+2.x

From: "Greg Morris" <gmorris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:06:35 -0600
Attached is a patch to main.c that fixes the problem with the Columns not being resizable on Windows when Ethereal is compiled with GTK2.x.

Please check in,

Greg

>>> "Greg Morris" <gmorris@xxxxxxxxxx> 9/17/2003 8:41:24 AM >>>
When running Ethereal built with GTK+ 2.2.4 on Windows the packet list columns seem to be locked to a specific size. If you open Ethereal without a packet trace opened you can resize the columns but after loading a packet trace then you can no longer resize. You can sort by clicking the column header but you cannot shrink or expand the columns.

Does anyone see the same behaviour on Linux/Unix? Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what function might be responsible? I have reviewed gtk/main.c but this doesn't seem to be where the problem lies. I am suspecting the column-utils or something similar...

Greg