Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] RE: SOCKS decoding (small bug) - Capture File

From: Jeff Foster <jfoste@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:16:12 -0500
I have uploaded a new copy of the socks dissector that will fix this
problem.

Originally I planned to replace either the pinfo dst or src addresss with
the
socks destination address before the recursion. However this didn't work in
this situation because to first socks tunnel was trying to create a second
socks tunnel to the same server. Therefore the tunnels would look the same
the conversation code even if I replaced the pinfo address.

Instead I added a flag (in_socks_dissector_flag). Now the dissector will
just exit when this flag is set.

Jerome,

You really have a unusual case here. The first socks tunnel is creating
a second socks tunnel to the same server. If you can supply another capture
with the second socks tunnel going to another server I will look at
enhancing
the dissector to handle that case.

Jeff Foster
jfoste@xxxxxxxxxxxx