Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] 0.9.15/Win32 closes program on close of conversation window

From: "Ph. Marek" <philipp.marek@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:19:39 +0200
Hello everybody,

I tried the new feature of 0.9.15 - the conversation window.

It works basically, but sometimes (about 50%) on closing the conversations
window, without questioning me if I want to save my (unsaved) data.

That happened (so far) with the windows for ipv4, tcp, udp and ethernet, but
(as far as i know) only for *unsaved* data. (that is, in the few cases where
I saved my short capture before analyzing it didn't crash).

I'm not altogether happy about that (reverse behaviour - crash only if saved -
would be a bit better :-), so I beg you for an update.

Keep up the good work!!!

Regards,

Phil

PS: Regarding the recent discussion about other sniffer products I think,
that, while ethereal still misses some graphical illustrations (usage of
various protocols in a pie-diagram online while sniffing, etc.) it blows the
hat off all commercial sniffers - at least when it comes to the amount of
protocols analysed.