Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] New dissector...

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 23:00:45 -0700

On Sep 15, 2003, at 10:54 PM, Kevin A. Noll wrote:

I thought that might be the case, but I've noticed some dissectors that
don't do this... at least not the way you suggest below.

If there's a dissector that has a port-number preference but that doesn't have a routine that's called when any of its preferences change, that dissector's port-number preference won't work if you change it unless you save your preferences, exit Ethereal, and restart it.

What dissector does things differently?