Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Rearrange source tree?

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:57:25 +0200
There's nothing that forbids us to put common User Interface (or front end)
code in ./ui/ and to have a ./ui/gtk1 and ./ui/gtk2/ and ./ui/tethereal/ and
./ui/native/Win32 for instance. Or as Guy proposed, something more in the
lines ./ui/gtk/ for the GTK common stuff, and then ./ui/gtk/gtk1/ and
./ui/gtk/gtk2/ for the version-specific code.

The packet dissection code can be located in ./epan/packet/ but there's
still discussion on some taps (not all taps are available to all "front
ends" of Ethereal).

Where do we put helper code (e.g., snprintf)?

Curious to see your remarks and suggestions!

Regards,

Olivier