Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Rearrange source tree?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:01:27 -0700

On Sep 12, 2003, at 11:20 AM, Andreas Sikkema wrote:

This would also make changing from gtk-1 to gtk-2 very easy, no
difficult constructs looking for versions etc....

Are you suggesting splitting the GTK+ code into two completely separate pieces of code? I'd prefer to have the GTK+ 1.2[.x] and 2.x versions share as much code as possible, for easier maintenance; if we can do that by having more of the GUI implemented in code that doesn't know what toolkit it's using, that might be one way of doing that, but, without that, I'd prefer to have the GTK+ 1.2[.x] and 2.x versions share code whenever possible, and even *with* that there might be enough common code to make it worth sharing.