Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Updates to COPS & SNMP dissectors

Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:10:39 +0300
Hi!

Oh, I'm really sorry. I'm not big fan of this email-client of ours.
It's just too easy to make point & click errors.

Now I double checked that the correct diff is attached,
just in case.

HTi> I've checked them in, although, for some probably
KTi> white-space-related reason, the packet-cops.c patch didn't apply.

OK, I think the white-space problem arose from emacs,
it's indentation differed from the original.
Sorry about that, I'm working to fix it, so it won't
happen again. Just need to tune my emacs configuration,
I suppose.

KTi> I also made some changes to get rid of warnings on systems
KTi> that don't have NET-SNMP.

Great, thanks. I didn't have time to check how it works with systems
that don't have any SNMP library installed.

KTi> Does UCD SNMP not work with the PIBs-converted-to-MIBs?

Yes, there is one API call (I think it was mib_to_asn_type(), can't be sure) that doesn't exist
in UCD-SNMP, at least I could link ethereal against UCD-SNMP 4.2.3. I thought it wasn't such
a big issue as NET-SNMP will replace UCD-SNMP eventually.

Regards,
Kari