Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] decode as SNMP

From: "HOOD, Andy" <ahood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:11:05 +1000

I've done an initial trial on Linux generating the same traps as UDP and TCP
and it works, but I didn't get multiple data segments so can't swear to
reassembly working.

Does Ethereal compile on Windows with Borland's C++ compiler, or do I wait
for the next release for a Windows version including this code?

Somewhat unrelated, but is it posible to decode Enterprise Specific trap
numbers as is done for Generic ones? I had some code using ucd-snmp or
net-snmp to do this but the Ethereal SNMP code seems so rewritten I can't
see how to do it anymore.

Regards,
Andrew Hood
A distributed system is one in which the failure of a computer you
didn't even know existed can render your own computer unusable. --
Leslie Lamport, as quoted in CACM, June 1992

<<application/ms-tnef>>