Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] conversion script K1205 - pcap for Gb frame relay

From: Laurent Deniel <laurent.deniel@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 10:17:45 +0200

Guy Harris wrote:

Over time, we'll probably be getting a number of different scripts for
post-processing Tethereal output, processing capture files, and so on.

Should we include those in a "scripts" subdirectory in the Ethereal

Yes, a 'scripts' or 'contrib' directory is OK.

distribution?  That's more convenient for people who get that version of
Ethereal, although unless those scripts are installed somewhere they
wouldn't be useful to somebody who gets a binary distribution.  That
doesn't make them conveniently available before they're put into a
release, however.

That's the same with patch so don't bother about that (they could be
retrieved from CVS anyway ...

Should we put them in a collection of scripts on the Ethereal Web site? That makes them immediately available, but you have to go download them
- you don't get them with Ethereal.

Should we do both?