Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] conversion script K1205 - pcap for Gb frame relay

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 00:08:21 -0700
On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 12:23:52PM +0200, jkor@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am sending perl script which converts Tektronix
> K1205 capture from GPRS Gb Frame relay line to
> pcap formatted file. The input file for this
> script is text file. This text file is created by
> RecFileConverter.exe. The RecFileConverter.exe is
> delivered within  K1205 software.  In attachment
> is also example of this text file.

Over time, we'll probably be getting a number of different scripts for
post-processing Tethereal output, processing capture files, and so on.

Should we include those in a "scripts" subdirectory in the Ethereal
distribution?  That's more convenient for people who get that version of
Ethereal, although unless those scripts are installed somewhere they
wouldn't be useful to somebody who gets a binary distribution.  That
doesn't make them conveniently available before they're put into a
release, however.

Should we put them in a collection of scripts on the Ethereal Web site?
That makes them immediately available, but you have to go download them
- you don't get them with Ethereal.

Should we do both?