Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] decode as SNMP

From: "S. Faizi" <salfaizi@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:49:13 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Guy Harris" <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>(which isn't the
> same as the regular SNMP dissector, as it has to worry about SNMP PDUs
> split over TCP segments, etc) for ports 161 and 162.

How is this different from an SNMP PDU split over multiple UDP datagrams. If
you choose IP reassembly from the preferences menu, won't it take care of
this?

I have used ethereal to monitor SNMP traffic where mtu was set to 512 and
some SNMP pdus were split over multiple udp datagrams; however, the
reassembly option seemed to take care of assembling IP together and then the
snmp dissector decodes it correctly. At least I think it decoes it
correctly.