Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Another Windows-only sniffer: PacScope ...

From: Andreas Sikkema <ramdyne@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 00:18:05 +0200
Richard Sharpe wrote:

> OK, I am glad to be proven wrong, but personally, because I am grabbing
> big captures from GigE links, I typically use tcpdump to grab them and
> then analyse them in Ethereal.

Where I come from, GigE is something that is still only used in
research labs at Lucent etc., 100mbit is only for links to servers and
10mbit is way too much for us lowly users... :-))))

"Hmm, is this code resulting in the correct flow of packets? Yes. OK,
next test / debug session." In this situation it's better to use
Ethereal than command line tools I suppose

Oh and people *HATE* the command line... I don't understand why,
but...

--
Andreas Sikkema
Going to bed now. Sleeeepppppyyyyy