Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] ethereal plugin interface

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:06:03 -0700

On Thursday, July 3, 2003, at 2:01 PM, Matthijs Melchior wrote:

... and as of Jul 3 22:47 a more correct version of the Makefile.nmake patch.

The README.interface file is new, and attached as well.

Checked in, with changes to allow the "X*.[ch]" files to be built on UNIX as well, so that a release tarball including those files can be built (thus not requiring somebody building for Windows from the tarball to have GCC or Python).

Those files have also been checked into CVS, so that you don't need GCC to build from CVS (you do need Python).

In addition, I added the two routines "tvb_get_string()" and "tvb_get_stringz()" to "plugin_api_list.c", as they apparently weren't in the plugin API list in the source tree with which you were working (which also meant your patches didn't all apply automatically), and modified "Makefile.am" to put "plugin_api_list.c", "plugin_gen.py", and the "X*.[ch]" into the tarball.