Ethereal-dev: RE : [Ethereal-dev] Dev Environments for Ethereal on Windows

From: "RABRET Laurent FTRD/DAC/ISS" <laurent.rabret@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:26:16 +0200

No problem to use the Visual Studio IDE with Ethereal. You must just rename the root Makefile.nmake file into Makefile.mak.

I personally use this and can play with all debugging features provided with VS and Compuware's DevPartner.

It is also sure you can use the dev-c++ IDE (for free…). Indeed, all libraries/tools I use to build Ethereal stem from MinGW/MSys and family…

Regards

Laurent