Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] GDI resource leak on Windows when scrolling

From: "John McDermott" <jjm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:38:29 -0600
I can confirm this with XP. I even tried it with 0.9.5 and the problem is there, too.

--john

R. Alan Monroe wrote:
Windows 2000
Ethereal 0.9.13a
gtk-1.3.dll version 1.3.0.50

To reproduce, display GDI resource column in task manager, then
arrange your windows so both windows are visible. Scroll any of
ethereal's panes up and down 10 or so times. Your GDI count should
increase by several hundred if not a few thousand. Also try scrolling
any of the panes by highlighting a row then using the cursor keys to
move one row at a time. Each row you move that scrolls the screen
should increase the GDI resources by 1.

Alan