Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] newbie install trouble on gtk+

From: Kai Zhu <kzhu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 13:19:39 -0700
Hello,

I am a new user and tried to compile 0.9.13, I got the following complaint from ./configure on GTK+, but I installed the gtk+ 1.2.10 rpm package as indicated. Anybody can give me a hand? Much appreciated.

------------------------------ ./configure output -----------------------------------------
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for pod2man... /usr/bin/pod2man
checking for flex... /usr/bin/flex
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking for pkgproto... no
checking for pkgmk... no
checking for pkgtrans... no
checking for rpm... yes
checking to see if we can redefine _topdir... yes
checking to see if we can add '-Wall -W' to CFLAGS... yes
checking for platform-specific compiler flags... none needed
checking whether to use /usr/local for headers and libraries... yes
checking for GNU sed as first sed in PATH... yes
checking for gtk-config... no
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.
checking for glib-config... no
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
*** If GLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to glib-config.
configure: error: GLib distribution not found.
root@www ~/Server/write/ethereal-0.9.13$
--------------------------- ./configure output ------------------------------------

-------------------- rpm probing ----------------------------

root@www ~/Server/write/ethereal-0.9.13$ root@www ~/Server/write/ethereal-0.9.13$ rpm -aq|grep -i gtk