Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] SMB

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 20:31:56 -0700

On Wednesday, July 9, 2003, at 8:12 PM, li wrote:

Is SMB (server message block protocol) decoder a plugin ?

No, it's a built-in dissector.

When I decode SMB packet to tree view using "epan_dissect_run" , I always get the same eror<image.tiff>

If you're doing this in your own application, it might be a bug in the dissector *or* it might be a bug in your application. If this is happening when you're using Ethereal in your own application, you presumably have a debugger and can find where it's crashing - let us know where that is.