Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] make-register-dotc & make-tapreg-dotc

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:32:27 -0700

On Monday, July 7, 2003, at 8:30 PM, Dave Shawley wrote:

Anyway, I rewrote make-register-dotc and make-tapreg-dotc in Perl to
speed things up and reduce the number of build dependencies. My main
target is Win32 so I am trying to get rid of all of the dependencies
on the Cygnus (or MKS) toolkit so that other developers are not required
to have them installed.

There's a Python version of make-reg-dotc; is the goal to reduce the dependency on Python (which is also required if you're modifying ncp2222.py, but if you don't change that and have built packet-ncp2222.c elsewhere, you don't need Python for that), or is the Perl version faster than the Python version?

The Perl version of make-tapreg-dotc would be useful.