Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] make-register-dotc & make-tapreg-dotc

From: Dave Shawley <daveshawley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 23:30:13 -0400
Hello all,

This is my first posting to this group but I have been playing with
Ethereal since about v0.8.19. In particular, I have been writing a
bunch of dissectors for proprietary protocols that ``the company''
uses.

Anyway, I rewrote make-register-dotc and make-tapreg-dotc in Perl to
speed things up and reduce the number of build dependencies. My main
target is Win32 so I am trying to get rid of all of the dependencies
on the Cygnus (or MKS) toolkit so that other developers are not required
to have them installed.

If anyone is interested, I can send them to the group for review or
inclusion into the source tree. The call interfaces are identical to the
existing shell scripts so they are a simple drop-in replacement by
changing the EPAN and top-level makefiles.

Dave Shawley