Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] NetBIOS

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:54:42 -0700
On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 02:21:34PM +0800, li wrote:
> when I decode NetBIOS packet, I always get a error of write address
> 00000000, could you tell me why?

I might be able to do so if I knew what an "error of write address
00000000" was.

You probably mean that when Ethereal tries to decode a NetBIOS packet, a
window appears on the screen saying that there was an error attempting
to write to address 00000000.  If so, then you get that because there's
a bug in some software, probably in Ethereal itself, causing it to try
to store through a null pointer.  If you sent us a copy of a network
capture file that caused Ethereal to get that error, it'd make it easier
for us to find and fix the problem.