Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal hangs after stop capture - already turned off the "Enabl

From: "nathalie" <nathalie2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 22:32:31 -0300
I am tryiung to go deeper in protocols understanding and I think it is a
very good software for that.
I just installed winpcap 3.0 and ethereal 0.9.13a in a Win XP machine. No
issues during installation however when I try to run it Iam getting some
issues that I was not able to fix.
I stared a capture and everything looks fine until I stop the capture. ONce
I stop the capture, Ethereal go to access internet (I can see with zone
alarm) and then it hang. I have tried leaving Ethereal to access internet or
not but in both cases I got same issue. Once it hangs I was not able to kill
it using the task manager and I have to restart the PC.
I went to the directory suppose to have the capture and the file is created
but if I try to open it I get same issue than before. Then I donwloaded an
example capture from your site and I can open it without any issues.
Rweading the FAQs I also make sure to do the captures turning OFF net name
resolution but I got same issue.

do you have any suggestion to solve it?

thanks
Alejandro