Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] H.245 requesting help

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 20:41:57 +1000
Please see the comment at the top of the packet-h245.c file i just checked
in but which is not by default
included in the ethereal compile.

Note that this h245 dissector has been named alth245 to reduce clashes with
the h323 plugin.
Also that it is not included into ethereal by default, something a small
makefile change can fix for those interested.

There are two goals

1, get good  PER dissection helper subroutines to be available to all PER
protocols
(or is h323 the only user of PER?)

2, get h323 to be available as standard in all ethereal versions.

Also when and if this reaches production quality i would very much like
someone like Andreas S to take over ownership and maintenance of this
dissector since i am not really too excited about telco protocols to be
honest.
(says the person who just an hour ago checked in a 25k line dissector for a
telco protocol)