Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Problem with interface name in Ethereal on Windows 2000

From: Dinesh G Dutt <ddutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 17:37:52 -0800
Hi,

On Linux, I can enter any random string I want in the interface name in the
"Capture" dialog box. However, on Win2k systems, while I can enter any
interface name, any name not in the existing interface list is not accepted. By
accepted, I don't mean if I hit "OK" there is no problem, but that the text
itself is not accepted by the GUI. For various reasons, I'd like to be able to
enter a random string for interface name. Any ideas on what I should try ?

I scoured the mailing list for an answer to this question but couldn't find
one.

Thanks,

Dinesh
--
I am not young enough to know everything. - Oscar Wilde