Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Problem with interface name in Ethereal on Windows 2000

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:52:42 -0800
On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 05:37:52PM -0800, Dinesh G Dutt wrote:
> On Linux, I can enter any random string I want in the interface name in the
> "Capture" dialog box. However, on Win2k systems, while I can enter any
> interface name, any name not in the existing interface list is not accepted. By
> accepted, I don't mean if I hit "OK" there is no problem, but that the text
> itself is not accepted by the GUI.

"Not accepted" as in "you can't type into the text box"?

I was able to replace the text in the text box - what did you try to do?

Note that if you type something into the field and then use the Enter
key, it might just display the drop-down list - but if you tab out of
the field and *then* use Enter, it should work.