Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Broken Wellfleet LAPB captures ...

From: Jeff Foster <jfoste@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:45:54 -0600
First, thanks for the quick response. The patch work great.

I'm concerned about the first byte I suspect that it is an address that
is entered into the router configuration. The default value it 7 and
I know that all my routers use 7. It I get a chance I will modify the
configuration and see if the first byte changes.

The configuration has a local and remote address parameter. The help
information describes these as the HDLC addresses for the interfaces of
a point to point circuit. The recommend values are 1-255 with 1 for
"remote DTE" and 3 for "remote DTE". For a X.25 circuit use - 1 = DCE,
3 = DTE.

I don't recommend changing the code, I just want to document what little
information that I have.

Thanks again,
Jeff Foster