Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] RFE: saving graph options

From: Pavel Mores <pvl@xxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:00:46 +0100
On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 05:39:45PM +0100, J.Smith wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Would it be possible to implement a 'save option' feature to save the
> selected options that were chosen in the 'graph control' box that pops up
> when you choose 'tools|tcpanalysis|some-graph' ? As it is, I keep having to
> set the same options for
> this box which is starting to get on my nerves.
> ;)
> 'Saving' the options is implemented for the global options, would it be
> possible to add this functionality for the graph box as well ?

Definitely, graph types have their optional parameters filled in in
their respective initialization functions.  Currently, those functions
use hardcoded values to set the parameters but it would be entirely
possible for them to read the values from somewhere.

Just from where?  Should a separate config file for TCP graphing be
created and read?  Or should the TCP graphing options be stored
somewhere where other options are stored and retrieved from Ethereal
core during graph boot by some function calls?

	pvl