Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] hanging graphs

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 19:24:41 +1100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Guy Harris"
Subject: Re: [Ethereal-dev] hanging graphs

> Hmm.  I don't see that with the current CVS version (I didn't modify the
> io_stat.c code) on Solaris, but I do get a hang with 0.9.8 on Windows.
> I don't get one if I build the current CVS version with the 0.9.8
> version of io_stat.c replacing the current CVS one, and there's nothing
> obvious in the changes since 0.9.8 that would fix the problem.

io_stat is really dumb when it sees packets where timestamps have
non-monotonic growth.
it just discards the packet if the timestamp has not increased from the
previous one.

if this shows to be a problem in that it causes it to drop/ignore too many
packets, one can try
to make it handle these packets more intelligently.