Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] radius password decrypt patch

From: Devin Heitmueller <dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17 Dec 2002 10:42:48 -0500
I agree with Joerg on this one.  When we get ten or fifteen different
encryption ciphers / hashes, we will regret using whatever naming
convention came from the original source (especially since algorithms
are coming from different sources, leaving for inconsistent naming).

We've already had to deal with issue when importing the existing crypto
source (mostly from Samba), and that is what prompted the convention.
Given that the code is likely to require some changes anyway to work in
the Ethereal code base (includes, data types, etc), it is highly
unlikely that a user will be able to do a direct patch without some
merging anyway.

Of course, perhaps MD5 was able to be imported without modification, but
this would be the exception not the rule.

The code isn't likely to change much, and patch can be fed arbitrary
filenames.  Better to stick with a consistent naming convention.

-Devin