Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] RTSP question.

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:56:54 -0800
On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 01:18:52PM +0200, Ninos Fragkiskos wrote:
> I am playing with RTSP (RealOne player) and i receive a DOS prompt
> with the message "Frame xxx: RTSP: Unknown Transport".  It seems to
> identify RTSP packets.  Why do i get that ?

Because

	1) Ethereal can only handle RTP, not, for example, any of the
	   proprietary Real protocols;

	2) if an RTSP message specifies a transport Ethereal can't
	   handle, it prints out a message.

The latter can be fixed by removing the code to print that message -
it was probably intended only as a debugging message.

The former might be a bit more difficult to fix, as per the word
"proprietary" in that item - Real don't document that protocol publicly,
as far as I know, unless the Helix source does.