Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-cvs] cvs commit: ethereal manuf manuf.tmpl

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:18:56 -0600 (CST)
On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Joerg Mayer wrote:

> Oops, too tired it seems. Still: Is it still useful to manually
> beautify lots of entries? That way we'd need to check every week
> whether the underlying Vendor info changed and whether we are displaying
> an outdated info a somewhat nicer looking way...

In this particular case someone from TippingPoint asked me to change their
entry.  Since we picked up the "bad" entry from the IEEE, it had to be
overridden in manuf.tmpl.  Once the IEEE fixes their entry we should
probably remove ours.

I think it's useful to manually beautify entries despite the extra work
involved.