Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Starting additional updates to 802.11

From: Johan Jorgensen <Johan.Jorgensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12 Dec 2002 23:27:56 +0100
Hi,
I am considering spending some of my spare time to update the 802.11 disector with support for 802.11I and 802.11e As far as I know these standards are still in draft but I am never the less interested in getting back into doing some wireless stuff again. I have a few questions:

1. Is there anyone else who are already looking into this? If so please let me know if and how I can help out.
2. Suggestions regarding how this task should be accomplished are welcome..

My plan is to use the existing 802.11 dissector and start adding a few new "interfaces" to my new 802.11 I and E dissectors i.e. have a primary dissector that does the 802.11 dissection (it's already there) and just let it call new functions when it sees an I or E packet. Maybe I will also move the add_fixed_field(...) and add_tagged_field(...) functions, perhaps break them up into smaller fragments, each fragment adding a separate tagged or fixed field in order to fascilitate the use of these functions in I and E dissectors.

Any comments, suggestions?

Regards
JohanJ