Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Calling other dissectors

From: Marc Van Riet <marc.vanriet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:54:08 +0100
Hi,

We're having a setup where ethernet packet X of a certain source is captured, wrapped in another packet (together with some logging information) and re-transmitted over another ethernet port.

I've written a dissector that displays our logging information. I display the original ethernet packet X as hex data. How can I make ethereal show packet X decoded as an ethernet packet ?

The documentation on using dissector_next() is scarce. Is dissect_next() obsolete ? How is the protocol type determined when calling dissector_next() ? I've read the documentation from James Coe e.a., but am still lost.

Best regards,
Marc